Let's see...

It's been a month since I posted.  Sorry 'bout that.  We are in our "survey window" at work, which means we could have the state inspectors come at any time to sift through records and find fault with things they may have been perfectly fine with before, but certainly anything that is not caught up.  And it seems I am constantly trying to catch up, keep up, or beat the next deadline.  Two weeks in a row with only one night that I didn't work late, take work home, or both.  At the end of that stretch I got a call from a neighbor: Would we have use for a home-cooked meal?  I nearly cried.  I was coming home at 8 in the evening and just about to try to pull together a meal.  It was a Godsend in the truest sense of the word.  That was last Thursday.  Sunday I came down with a head cold.  Really, it could have been a lot worse, but until today I felt like I had a fishbowl over my head that I was trying to think in and see through.  I skipped the gym this morning and woke up the two hours later feeling a bit more human.  'Course now that I've made it to the end of the day, I'm once again too pooped to pop.

Mozart had his 3 yr doctors appointment today.  3ft tall.  33 pounds.  There's gotta be luck in those numbers.  Not for him in the visit though as he had to have a shot.  Hepatitis as he's on a delayed schedule.  He, for some reason, thought it was a flu shot and protested heartily, "NO! I don't need a flu shot, I'm not sick!"  Then after the traumatic event, "I never gonna get another flu shot again."  After explaining, once again, that it was not the flu shot, and he needs it so he can stay healthy, he says, "That 'titis shot hurts too much, that's why I don't need one.  That lady (the nurse)  hurt me, but not the doctor, he just have me a check-up."

Alright, I'm falling asleep typing.  Past bedtime and heaven's knows I need the rest. 'Night all.

Oh, yeah, potty training is going alright ~ we are brave enough to go on little jaunts now without diaper bag and changes of clothes in tow.  I just have to have the "magic toilet seat" at all times, so he has something that he feels safe to sit on.  And really, whoever came up with automatic flushing toilets and other bathroom fixtures clearly never dealt with the after-effects of these horrifying devices with a small child.  They are terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment