Coconut Curries...

I tend to go in phases with cooking.  Phases of enjoying it, boycotting it, and of course, phases of cooking particular kinds of food.  Over the past weeks, I cannot count how many roasted chickens we've had.

Let me note here that the Wife does not eat beef, pork (errr, except bacon, occasionally), or lamb.  She is picky about fish.  And she does not like new foods.  This leaves us eating a lot of chicken.  A fair amount of turkey.  Plenty of egg dishes.  And more pasta than I'd like to admit.

The phase of roasted chicken began with a sale at Whole Foods - .99/lb for whole birds = awesome.  And I bought many.  We also had our farm share.  Or should I say chicken share.  One or two chickens per month - all natural, pasture raised, heritage birds.  Mmmm, wiry little buggers. Very flavorful, but not much to them.

And now I am about done with that.  I'd rather not roast a chicken for while.  In fact, if Thanksgiving weren't coming up, I'd say I'd rather not roast any bird for awhile.

Tonight made a delicious coconut curry.  Carrots, sweet potato, regular potato, turnips (could've done without), peas, and chicken.  Would have been good with onions, but we're fresh out.  And so, so easy when you have a good curry paste = fry up the chicken (I'm partial to the skinless thighs myself), add variety of chopped veggies, can of coconut milk (unsweetened of course), a great dollop of curry paste, simmer until veggies are soft, and serve with yogurt, and/or rice, and/or na'an.

Just yum.

I may be onto another phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment