Dangerous Beasts!

Kiki's closed early today, so I figured I'd take Mozart to Magic Wings as it's been several months and every time we pass it, he exclaims that he wants butterflies.  He was thrilled when I picked him up and told him.

He continued to be thrilled all the way there, through a snack beforehand, and for the first half hour or so.

Then, God forbid, a butterfly landed on him:

"MAMA! It got me! BUTTERFLY DANGEROUS!!! I want Mommy!  I want her now!  I scared!"

The remainder of his visit was spent mainly in my arms rather than his usual running around, and then was ended rather abruptly when another one of those dangerous beasts landed on him.  He still wanted (and received) a stuffed butterfly from the gift shop on the way out - I figure, perhaps the toy will bring more benign thoughts about butterflies...

On the bright side we got home in time for me to make a proper dinner when I was planning something akin to sandwiches had we gotten home at the planned time.

No comments:

Post a Comment