Ladies and Gentlemen!

He did it!  He pooped on the potty!!  Oh, how we have been waiting for this!  Now we can get down to the business of REAL potty training.  I mean, having a pee pee accident is not fun and all, but one cannot profess to really be into potty training unless and until one has successfully pooped on the pot!  *

It all happened like this: 

We got home and nearly immediately Mozart announced his 5 o'clock poop, "Mama, I pooping!"
"Oh, wonderful darling.  How about going on the potty?" I say.
"No, I good."

*sigh*  

We go upstairs to get cleaned up and I put in the frequently watched Potty Power video for our viewing pleasure.  He watches, he answers the overly cheerful lady's questions, he sings along, and then we go about our evening of admiring the equipment for sale in a recent volume of TractorHouse Northeast**, running amok with packing material while the moms make dinner, eating dinner, and playing with tractors.

Then, an unexpected announcement, "Mommy, I gonna poop 'gain."
To which Mommy replies, "Hey, do you want to go on the potty?!?"
"No."
And both moms exclaim, "Ewe!" and "Grossness!" and "We were hoping you'd use the big boy potty." and "Cuz big boys use the potty!"  
He did say vehemently that, "I am a big boy!", but declined just then to go upstairs to do the deed.

Shortly thereafter, he did go upstairs to get ready for bed with Mommy.  I go about feeding the cats and am readying myself to take a walk when I get paged from upstairs: 

"Mama!"
"Yes, darling?"
"I did it!"
"Oh?  What did you do?" I ask looking up the stairs to see a completely naked boy dancing with his arms outstretched.
"I POOPED!! I did! On the potteeeeee!"
"You did!?! Really?!?"
"I diiiiiiiiid! Come see!"

I oohed and awed.  I exclaimed at the stink, and waved my hands about acting as if I were to faint from it.  We had a grand time.  As I made my way back downstairs, I overheard him repeating, "I got Potty Power!" over and over.  Apparently Grammie and Papa were called to share the excitement.  

We are very proud of our boy indeed.


*Sorry, folks, you knew this was a blog about family life. And you knew that we have a toddler.  And with toddlers comes potty training and these kinds of fantastic milestones.  I do want to point out that I did not take a picture of said poop to share with you.  You have, at least, been spared that.


** This brilliant publication, while somewhat boring for me to read, is endlessly fascinating to Mozart:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment