Dinosaur bites and other ailments.

The other day when I picked up Mozart, he pointed out an owie on his arm.  It looked worrisome.  I don't know that it would have looked worrisome had his little friend, Goose, not come down with a staff infection earlier in the week.  But Mme. Child sent me a photo and the owie looked suspiciously similar - angry red with a whitehead in the middle.  I called the after hours line for the doctor and described it.  Got the advice to put antibiotic cream on it and to make an appointment the next day.

Meanwhile what Mozart had been describing as his "bug bite" got promoted to his "dinosaur bit".

I just love this kid.  He hears that we seem to be more concerned about something than his usual owie - generally bug bites, and so obviously, what he has must be something much more serious!

But then, fast forward to going to seen doctor the next day.  He was very impressed with his band-aid (Elmo characters) all morning long, but when the doctor asked him why he came in he says, with a very serious tone, "I just got this cough from Kiki's."

Really?  I mean, I did notice that he had been a little congested, but from the moment he said "dinosaur bite" all he talked about was going to the doctor to have it checked!

So I pointed out the owie, which did look better by then, and the doctor said that maybe it was and maybe it wasn't staff, but it was too early to tell.  In the end, Mozart stayed home from Kiki's, the owie resolved itself with the OTC antibiotic cream and no script needed, and true to his prediction Mozart developed a little cough that turned into a bit of a bigger cough over the weekend.

He seems to be feeling better.  I now seem to have acquired his little cough.  So with that, I will turn in early and try mightily to kick this little cough to the curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment