I should post.

Haven't really been inspired to write since BatCat died, but I figure that I'd better get back to it or I'll drop off again like I did with the last blog.  Stubby has been let back into the house.  1st Floor only.  Not full time, yet, as he'd have none of that since he now likes the out of doors.  I had given away all indoor-cat-related things when both cats were relegated to the outdoors, so the day after we lost BatCat, I headed over to Tractor Supply and got a new litter box, a great supply of litter, a scoop, a couple cat toys, Nature's Miracle (which, thankfully, we've yet to use), and Feline Pet Ease (the equivalent of a natural Xanax for cats).

At first Stubby was scared to even come in at all.  Then when he realized that this would be where his meals were, he started arriving at the door at the appointed times.  It has been easier to get him to stay inside at night as Mozart goes to bed about the time he gets fed, so the environment is much calmer.  He has stayed inside a handful of day, but even when he does, it seems like he needs his fix of the outdoors for a little bit in the evenings.  Mozart doesn't help.  In fact, I'm not so sure it's the outdoors so much as the need-to-get-away-from-that-insane-moving-beast-of-a-toddler that has him wanting to go out in the evenings.

He has been a bit of a love though.  We are doing our best to love him up as much as possible.  For the day or so after we found BatCat, he seemed out of sorts - maybe it was just us, but it did seem that he missed her in a way.  I just want him to be happy.  And not leave pee-puddles to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment