A Bad Thing.

This past week has been consumed by the dreaded stomach bug.  First Mozart, then TW.  I have gratefully (am now I am furiously knocking on wood) managed to avoid it.  There have been many comical moments during this time.  Many not-so-comical moments.  I will share some of the comical:

Mozart, through barely open, puffed up and watery eyes, in a tired and barely audible voice, "No, I good. I not sick anymore.  Went to the doctor.  All better now."  And then he promptly fell asleep.

In the middle of the night, "Mama, I awake now.  Let's go downstairs, have breakfast."  Me, "No, sweetheart, it's still sleeping time."  Mozart, "Ok, I just need some water. Can I have some water?"  Me, "Yes, of course, where is your cup?" He pulls it out and shows it to me, and I say, "Go ahead. Have some."  He looks surprised by the idea, and said, "Can I?"  Me, "Yes, darling, go ahead."  He drinks deeply and says, "Thanks.  Now you can turn off the light."

Yesterday morning, while I was not sure I would get by without a run-in with said stomach bug, I sat, feeling rather green, and had a large bowl next to me.  Mozart comes over, looks at me, looks at the bowl, picks it up and fake-pukes into the bowl.  Charming.  Very charming.

I will not share the not-so-comical moments of the last week.  They are just too horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment