Kiss your babies and tell them you love them.

I went through most of the day blissfully unaware of the events that took place in Newtown, CT today.   Since I learned of it, though, I have been in and out of tears.  Disbelief. Anger.  More tears.  As happens when I'm upset, I'm at a loss for words.  I had to go about my afternoon and get things done, but I just wanted to get to my boy and hug him and tell him I love him and I'll do the very best that I can to keep him safe.

Whenever this happens, a mass shooting - something that is getting a little too familiar these days - I go to this place of disbelief.  But today was different.  Worse.  How?  Just how, could anybody shoot up an elementary school?  They are kids!  We are supposed to protect them!  And then I think about the parents of those babies and I cry again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment