Snow!

I was going to add this to the Mr. Personality post, but in my hurried delirium, I forgot.  It snowed for the first time this year the other day.  Mozart doesn't remember the snow from last year.  That morning, when I went in to get him he was fussing and generally inconsolable.  I picked him up and went to open the shades.  He stopped his fuss abruptly, pointed out the window, and declared, "Floor!"  Not knowing the name for 'ground' it was still clear that he had to make sure I understood something had changed int he world.  Throughout the morning we talked about snow and how that was the white stuff all over the ground and how it was now officially winter and that it is wonderful and that, even so, Mama doesn't like it very much, but it's still magical - means Santa's coming you know - and kids generally do.

Later in the morning, it started to snow again.  Big, beautiful, fluffy flakes.  I opened the back door to take out some recycling and Mozart trailed me out.  He looked out and, a little bit started, jumped up and down, pointing at the snowflakes, and repeated, "Boom!  Boom!  Boom!"  While the snowflakes weren't exactly crashing down to the ground, they were clearly falling from the sky with great magnificence.  And Mozart pointed out this happening with the import that it holds to him.  My heart just about lept out of my chest with love for this little guy. 

I was trying to get stuff done much of the day and before you know it, night had fallen. Feeling a bit bad about not taking him out on the first snowy day, I thought we could at least sweep of the porch together, so we went out in our slippers and with our brooms, and AHOY!  Neighbor friend of 8 comes over with his sled and asks if Mozart would like a ride.  And that topped of a very fine first day of remembered snow for the little man.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9e63479682&view=att&th=13b62f8b90893d9a&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_T9l9pyq_1Tm8AQTG8vKPY&sadet=1354575302070&sads=4-HiKhbRV1FPe9zSH8UhrkhiIns&sadssc=1

No comments:

Post a Comment