Blueberry picking was a bust today.  Closed for ripening.  We picked up Prancer for the day of pickin' and drove the 40 minutes to the patch, but were left with only 2 1/2 pints of berries to buy - and so we bought them out.  Both Prancer and the Boy were troopers through the whole thing and on the way back Prancer said, "You guys are the best moms ever."  He went on to explain that he loves being with us, going blueberry picking, even though that was a bust, and talking about all the bear statues around - in beary descriptive terms, we bearly got out of there without bearing it all, it was almost unbearable *snicker, snicker, snicker*. 

He stayed through the Boy's nap, played some, helped me make pie out of those blueberries, and watched Stuart Little before I returned him to his dad.  A good day overall, but I gotta say, I feel like I've just come out of a work week rather than a weekend ~ too pooped to pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment