Such a weighty subject.

I should be at the gym.  We pay a monthly fee for a membership at the Y, and yet I cannot remember the last time I went. There always seems to be something more pressing to do.  Or, like today, I am just exhausted.  While out all day running errands with the Boy, and making it to one end of this Happy Valley to the other, we were pretty much in the car All. Day. Long.  On days like this I can't even make believe I got my exercise - I got a lot done, but basically just sat.  I'm thinking about this now because I have my annual physical on Monday.  This means a weigh-in, and I fear I'll get another lecture.  This time, however, it will likely be more deserved than the last one I got. Really, if a woman is just two months past Birthing A Child, give her a break about her weight.  Especially if her weight was exactly the same as her pre-pregnancy weight.  Anyways, I saw the endocrinologist at the end of last month and she was a bit alarmed at my weight gain.  She even had me start monitoring my blood sugar to rule out diabetes.  My sugars are fine.  My thyroid levels are fine.  I just need to eat less - I can no longer use any excuse about needing to feed two, and my metabolism has seemed to come to a grinding halt.  And exercise more. Problem is I really, really enjoy food.  Good food.  With lots of nutrients.  And calories.  And if I have any hope of shedding these extra pounds, I need to make some cuts.  Even with exercise, which is fairly difficult to get back into.  The schedule alone makes it difficult, but then there is the pain that comes. It has only been in the past week or so that I can walk at a quick clip without really very unpleasant pelvic pain - a residual from giving birth - and so I need to take it super, super slow for fear that it will come back as it has done time and again since having the Boy when I think I can do something that I used to do all the time. 

Good grief.  This is not a very uplifting post.  My apologies, I may vent here and there, but I'd really like this space to be more upbeat and positive, rather than focusing on my worries and woes.  But the topic has been weighing on me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment