Grin and bear it.


After my little post about seeing the health coach, I felt inspired.  When the Wife took Mozart up for his bedtime routine, I headed out for a walk.


And made it about three blocks before I couldn't stand it anymore and limped home.

As you recall that was Friday.  I limped all day Saturday, Sunday, and most of today.  I took 800mg of Motrin in a shot.  Multiple times.  I iced my feet.  Yet still to let my feet, especially my left foot, fall in the usual manner is very painful.  Especially on the heel.  So I find myself doing this twinkle-toed limp where I don't really put any weight on my left heel at all and kind of dance to my right foot where I have to hop back to my left - and on and on down the hall, sidewalk, road, or whatever walkway I find myself on.   And it just seems to get worse!

So I saw the chiropractor tonight and told him of my continuing issues.  He did his usual adjustments and spent a bit of time on my feet.  Afterwards I asked, aside from the exercises, icing, and taking so much Motrin that I should take out stock in it, what I should be doing.  He said I was doing all that I could.  I pressed on and told him how I've been limping around for days because it even hurts to put any weight on my heel.  He looked at me a minute and then says, "Well, that'll only make it worse!"  And then he instructed me that I need to practice, and essentially relearn how to use my entire foot again while walking.  And that, yes, it will hurt.  But that if I don't do it now it will, in fact, become worse.

So I practiced walking for him.  With the entirety of my feet.  Ouch.  But in the name of making this whole thing better, I'll grin and bear it.  Or may scowl and bear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment