More Pee-Puddles

I'd like to say that I've solve the pee-puddle problem.  But no.  Not so much.  On my way out the door this morning I noticed a funny shadow on Prancer's booster seat.  I turned on the light with suspicion.  Sure enough.  One of our cats peed on the booster seat.  The $65 booster seat.  Soaked right through.  No point in trying to clean it.  The cover is not removable.  It is now in a trash bag out back. 

A friend posted on Facebook the following:

Sadly, I'm actually a professional in this area (sigh)... First, you should have at least one more litter box than the number of cats in the house (ie: if you have 2 cats, then 3 litter boxes). You must keep them clean daily...add attractant to litter called "Better Way"...it clumps and is flushable (if you do that), it will make them want to use the box more. Next; get a black light and find/clean every spot of pee with "Nature's Miracle" an non-toxic enzyme that will destroy the urine smell so the cats will not want to remark--clean well at least 2-3x, spray lightly after cleaning and let air dry (this is IMPORTANT, you cannot cover up cat pee with other smells, it will only make them want to remark more). Then apply "Zero Oder" and spray to the same areas as Natures Miracle and let dry. Lastly, invest in "Feliway" cat fermones...these are the happy "check" fermones...cats are less abt to mark in places marked as happy. (The plug-ins are great for long term, spray is great for highly affected areas) TADA!! Cat-Pee-Gone ;) 
oh, ps... your cats love you, they're probably just telling you they are unhappy when you are gone :(
We only have two cat boxes - they rarely use the 2nd, so we haven't bothered with a third as there is not really a place for one.  We might as well take up stock in Nature's Miracle.  We use extraordinary amounts in these spells.  The last time we had a spell we did get Feliway also, and it apparently worked because they stopped the pee-puddles.  Can't find the stuff and am about to go online and get some more...

Am so exhausted tonight, I think that's all I have the energy for.  Walked a 2.5 mile parade today.  In itself, that is not too bad, but had to stay on my feet and chase or push Mozart around in the stroller for an hour before we were supposed to step off, and then an hour before our turn came.  I'd planned on getting dinner at the fair and taking Mozart to some of the attractions on arrival to the Fair, but no.  Definitely not. I think I've mentioned my achin' feet before.  They are literally pounding with pain.  We came directly home.  I have iced the feet.  I have given the feet a warm soak.  They are currently elevated.  Bed soon and work again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment