The Feet and the Fair.

Apologies and such for leaving days between posts!  This weekend just flew by! I was still recovering, somewhat, from our trip and then was brought back to an even more exhausted place by that parade.  I'd like to have this blog be about happy, quirky, unique, inspirational, and even exasperating things, but I do not want it to just be a forum for complaints.  I have mentioned that I'm putting my feet up and that they hurt, and I've given a description of this crazy pain, but have not really explained the extent to which I am in pain.  The cause for the pain is, apparently, plantar fasciitis. It came on a couple years ago over the summer when I went through a stretch of wearing worn out work shoes and flip flops almost exclusively, and then came back while I was pregnant, but over the past several months it has gotten much, much worse.  I can honestly say, that in the past two months I have been in severe pain on a daily basis.  It comes and goes, as my activity does throughout the day, but all in all it is exhausting.  I have spoken to my doctor, a physical therapist, a chiropractor, and I have gotten exceedingly expensive orthotics - which have helped my back quite a lot, but not so sure about the feet.  I have an appointment with the podiatrist, but not until the end of October.  I do know some of the things I need to be doing, and when I can manage to remember, the pain does lessen a bit.  There is no question that I need to make this a priority.

All that is by way of explanation as to why I have not been as posty as I'd like.  It's hard to keep upbeat when one is in pain.

And that said, Mozart and I had the best time at the fair ever on Sunday morning.  I overdid it, per usual, with the above-mentioned problem and am still paying, but he had a blast, and really I did too.  We got there right when they opened and stayed through lunch.  We looked at all the farm animals, saw a military band, oxen pull, ate fried dough and pizza, saw the crafts, and a fire engine parade.  The best part, though, by far, was the tractors and trucks (we came away with catalogs for future viewing at his leisure).  Mozart was in his element.  He got to climb on them, sit on them, inspect them.  Multiple times as we kept going back and back and  back. He's just waking up, but I'll try to get some photos onto this post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment