The Golden Trumpet

We're talking mushrooms here folks.  My uncle, who doesn't use the Internet, and so will likely never see this post, has just made my WEEK!  This is what I received in the mail today:


 That is a nearly 5 pound box of chanterelle mushrooms.  A mother-load!  Freshly picked on Friday at the base of Mt. Hood in Oregon, and priority mailed to me for arrival today.  This stuff is like gold.  I covet these.  I buy them every year or so, but at $25-40/lbs, they are not a luxury I can often afford.

I immediately sorted them and made myself a side dish to go with the leftover kale salad of yesterday and Cajun ocean perch that was baking.

I first used any of the mushrooms that seems to be on the verge of going - a bit too moist for my liking, and cut any yuck off.  Thyme, garlic, and lemon at the ready, with my new cast-iron pan heating up.
Just in the pan, one must not mess with them too much.

They have shrunk down a bit with their lovely crispy edges.

As usual, the looks of the finished product is lacking due to poor lighting in our kitchen and a less than adequate camera.  But OooooOooooh, this was GOOOOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment