Hard Core







Or something like that.  They don't actually have cores anymore!

See, that's what TW said when I presented her with a dinner plate.  Nothing special: chicken salad sandwich,  bread and butter pickles, and a couple dried apple rings.  As I left (she was in the bedroom with dim light due to a migraine), I pointed out that I'd made the chicken salad, the pickles were made by a friend, and not only did I dehydrate the apples, but that they are the very apples that we picked last weekend.


On Sunday evening I peeled, cut and froze enough for two pies.  By the end of it my hands were cramping and I still had about 20 lbs left...

Enter two very handy tools.  I took to Amazon and ordered a dehydrator and ran off to Wilson's (our local department store - the oldest continually running one in the country) to get the apple peeler/corer/slicer.

I'm in the middle of my second batch of tasty treats now.  Mozart loves them.

But I'll definitely need to package up the rest of that 20 lbs, because it keeps on growing.  Seriously, picking up a bag or two of fruit every week...

Now that's hard core.

No comments:

Post a Comment