Cuteness Abound

Where Mama?
The other day I woke up to the chilling sound of a seal barking with intermittent whoops as Mozart tried to get some air back in his lungs. I wasn't so worried about whooping cough, but did think we might be in for a rough week of croup.  Thankfully, none of that has come to pass.  We are doing Dragon Breath (nebulizer treatments) every day again, have a humidifier in Mozart's room, and are generally taking it easy.  Last night, with the chicken in the oven and the Wife and Mozart settled in to have some Dragon Breath and watch Mouse (Stuart Little), I let them both know that I had to run out and get another script for his Albuterol filled.  I returned 15 minutes later and they were still both very engrossed in Mouse with all the lights in the front room turned off.  I quietly set the script down, put my coat on the hook and made my way to the couch for some longed-for downtime.  I wasn't trying to hide the fact that I was home, but I didn't want to disrupt the snuggly movie watching.  About 20 minutes later, Mozart hops down from Mommy's lap, goes into the kitchen, and says, "Where Mama?"  The Wife - as I - thought that he'd heard when I came in, so she amusingly asked where I was, and was met with the reply, "Mama store. Med-cine."  He then went back up to her lap to watch some more, but every couple minutes would hop down again and repeat a similar scene.  Finally, the timer for the chicken went off, and the wife turned off the movie.  They both went into the kitchen and Mozart, again, and a little more urgently now starts asking repeatedly where I am.  I, meanwhile, was catching up on Facebook and watching from the dark corner.  He comes back into the front room, still asking, "Where Mama?" and lays his head down on the couch (where I am sitting on the other end), turns his head, and realized with the best giggle that I've been there all along.  I'm not sure I've captured this, but my it was precious.

 I drive.
This afternoon after I picked up Mozart from daycare, I was showing off my portable diaper bag solution (will have to make a post of this soon), and so while I grabbed my purse I put him in the driver's seat.  He was quietly thrilled at being behind the wheel.  Kiki and I finished our conversation and I went to switch Mozart to his seat, and was met with an infuriated, "I drive! I drive! NO! I Driiiiiive!"  Um, whoa.  Thankfully, I have a tractor on my key chain that he sometimes gets to play with and letting him do so at this moment did the trick.  Crisis averted.  Until he is 16.

Happy Feet.
When we got home, I put together a chicken pot pie, popped it in the oven, set up Dragon Breath and Happy Feet to watch.  Mozart generally is opposed to watching new videos.  I mean, no, not really.  He is opposed to the IDEA of watching new videos.  The entire time I was doing the above he was chanting, "Train, yeah.  Um, Mouse. Yeah, Mouse. Oh, Train? Yeah! Train!  No, no, no. Train! Mouse!"  That no, no, no, of course, was when he saw that I had not select either Train or Mouse.  I ignored the whole thing because I was just not in the mood to be subjected to the 50th viewing of either Train or Mouse.  When the movie came on, he was rapt, calling the penguins whales, and seeming to enjoy himself, but I wasn't really sure that he was following anything.  About an hour in (when the timer when off for the pot pie), we shut it off and moved to the table, which he was very excited about - you know having pie for dinner - what could be better?  Except that there is mashed potatoes in said pie, and they dared touch the chicken, carrots and peas, which is apparently cringe-worthy if you are one tiny Mozart.  He did manage to eat a suitable amount and I cleaned him up and put him down to be turned over to Mommy for bedtime.  But when I put him down, he started to dance like Mumble just after he hatched.  The Wife just cocked her head and I said, "He's got Happy Feet."  Mozart, embellishing his on his dance and now quite into it, says, "Yeah! Feet!"  And he danced all the way to the stairs where he was scooped up for his bath.

These are moments when I wish I had a video that I could replay and replay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment