Wise choice.

I did NOT come home with an English Bulldog today.

I have had a want for an English Bulldog for a very long time, so I commend myself in saying no. I still really like the IDEA of having a bulldog, and a coworker had three of them (Boo, Nova and Chevy) that need homes ASAP.  They may already have gone to Dakin, poor things.

Aside from my penchant for English Bulldogs and Italian.  Greyhounds, see, I'm not so much of a dog person.  I'd like to take them on walks every so often, but I'm not so sure about four times a day. And, I'm especially not so sure about taking the dog out before the sun gets up. Or picking up its poop.  And we don't have a fenced in yard. And even if we did, I'd still have to pick up the poop.  Vacations,  not that we can afford them, would be more complicated. And when we are having a hard time getting our own food, how could we expect to pay for dog food and vet bills on top of it.

I told the Wife that I was very good not to have brought home an English Bulldog today.  She told me I was very good to have made that decision as well.  I told her that I would just have to get one later on, but a purebred like these little guys were would be $1500. She told me that if I ever paid $1500 for a dog we'd be getting a divorce.  I was joking, of course, but she may not have been, I fear...

I made a wise choice, but Mozart would have loved a little Boo, or Nova, or Chevy. But, Boo and Nova and Chevy will find much more equipped homes, I'm sure, maybe even with fenced in yards and lots of kids to play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment