Old Man


Call me mortified.


I wasn't there, or I'm sure it would be even worse.  When I went to pick Mozart up from daycare Kiki noted that he was calling one of her delivery people "old man".  Repeatedly.  While pointing.  She tried to play it off as him saying, "Oh, man!", but apparently he was not fooled and turned several shades of red.

We are now trying to teach him to say "gentleman" in reference to all men.  He will say it when cued.  It's cute: "Gentle. Man." he says in his small voice, and then reverts to saying, "old man."  Not so cute.

I think he got it when we saw a preview for Up!  I noted the "old man" as the house flew away, which was apparently impressionable on our young Mozart.

We will now also be teaching him to address people as "sir" and "ma'am".  That may help in the manners department.

No comments:

Post a Comment