End of an era.

Mozart's 2nd birthday is coming up and I've had in mind to cut off nursing the day after - whether he's ready or not.  I'm ready, you see, to have my body back and have a much more streamlined morning routine.  Taking 20-45 minutes to nurse just isn't working for me anymore.  When it was his actual nutrition, which was some time ago, it was ok, but now I just want to feel normal again. 

Thankfully, Mozart has been naturally shortening nursing times and has been skipping days at a time now - all on his own.  This past week he only nursed on Tuesday morning, and I thought perhaps it was the last time as it was so short.  But this morning we had to do a diaper change before going down for breakfast and he spied the rocking chair and so asked.  I sat down with him and asked if he just wanted to cuddle instead, saying I'm not sure there is any milk left.  He still wanted nursing, and so he tried.

After a couple minutes he popped off, looked at his usual source for milk, and said, "Milk. All gone."  He tried again, apparently with the same results, popped off, and said, "Nursing. Crash." 

Poor thing, he has realized his favorite pastime is no longer.  We got up and went to have a proper breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment