What's natural about that?


https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9e63479682&view=att&th=13d0e962c308dd26&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_T9l9pyq_1Tm8AQTG8vKPY&sadet=1361749683604&sads=mo0WsXVQshfDjkzRU3_V4-ddDAk&sadssc=1

Grocery shopping this afternoon, I ran across a basket of individually wrapped apples.  My first thought was, wow, that's a colossal waste of packaging, and almost left it at that. Then I did a double take because the packaging indicated several varieties, and, No! It couldn't be?  Bubble Gum??  

 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9e63479682&view=att&th=13d0e962c308dd26&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_T9l9pyq_1Tm8AQTG8vKPY&sadet=1361749824871&sads=CZYy2tuXHslh5NOGwvB-8EAFo5I   
Oh, yes, friends! Your eyes do not deceive you.  That is a Bubble Gum flavored apple.  As if an apple isn't delicious enough on its own. This company is now altering the very flavor of apples to be more palatable to children.  I am more than a little disgusted.  Not only are they destroying our environment with unnecessary plastic, but they are essentially telling kids that real food is not good enough. 

The company says that the flavoring is all natural and that it is not GMO, but I trust that statement about as far as I can throw my house.  Yeah.  As we got home, we ran into a neighbor and told him of our find.  He did not believe me.  Even when I showed him the above photo. 

We are fairly health-conscious, albeit not as much so as the above-mentioned neighbor (I was a bit embarrassed that Mozart wouldn't let go of the box of Cheez-its), but our child will continue to enjoy apples with all of their real and truly natural flavors, thankyouverymuch!

No comments:

Post a Comment