The Ing-ing of things.

Mozart's vocabulary is expanding.  This week he has started using -ing.  Sometimes appropriately, and sometimes not so much. 

I first noticed that he'd taken this step when he asked to watch Harry Potter (see previous post) and I said, "Not yet."*  And, ever so cute like, he said, "I wait-ing."  That was the first time I heard him say it, so it was especially cute, and it still is.  "Mommy, home? No. I wait-ing"   The Wife worked late quite a lot this week and so that was common. "Down, Mama, walk-ing."  Another common phrase these days, what with his independent self springing forth.  And then there was this morning when I gave him a box of raisins.  He's trying to get them out and says, "Raisins stuck.  Raisins stuck-ing."  It was so cute, I didn't have the heart to correct him.

*You may read my intentions of giving this answer correctly when you presume that I will not  be letting him watch this for a VERY long time, and he'll be getting that answer from me until he is at least 10 or 11 - though the wife, I'm sure will want to subject him earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment