Bodily Takeover

When I overdo it, my body tends to give me the smack-down and just take what it needs by any means necessary.  Usually what it needs is a good rest and the method for getting it is to get sick.

So here we are on vacation, after a very hairy week wrapping things up and getting ready without much sleep, and my body did just that.

I won't go into the gory details, but suffice it to say - it wasn't pretty.  And instead of going out and enjoying a day and dinner with family, I was huddled down in multiple blankets trying to keep up any kind of warmth on a day that was nearing 90 degrees. I've had two rice cakes since the ordeal began.  I can't tell if the tummy is growling because it's just hungry, or if the rebellion continues.  I am now going to brave a cup of coffee, hope for the best, pray that the 4 hour ride this morning will be A-OK, and that by the time we get to the family reunion yesterday will be a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment