Close to the closing?

Well, we finally signed the papers on the refi.  BoA even messed that up.  As I was leaving our lawyer's office, I get an email from him saying that the Closer at BoA had just contacted him to say he'd made a mistake and half of the papers would need to be signed again. Assuming the postal service works on time, I'll get the paperwork on Monday, the lawyer will get it back on Wednesday, and then we can be free to fix the roof, get a new car, and a new water heater... I will rest easy when everything is turned in and final! In the meantime it is supposed to drop to a balmy 24 degrees tonight.  *Brrrrr*  Hope that water heater (and thus the connected boiler) holds up! 

I am still in denial that we may need to shut off our internet.  I'd really like for there to be a way to keep it.  It is, after all, our main form of entertainment.  Since first considering it, I will say that I am reading a lot more.  But still, I enjoy blogging - even if I don't get to it as often as I'd like - and I enjoy keeping up with people on Facebook, and the occasional episode of Bones or Castle...  I also very much appreciate having the ability to look up random facts, find a location/store/item, get a specific recipe, and continue my search to better my income and career.  While I admit to being irked and pissy about the former, I'm a bit concerned about the latter - I've just come to depend on it so much...

ENOUGH!

We are supposed to be cheerful here.  It was a good day.  In addition to the closing, I had another appointment with my Health Coach and really enjoyed it.  Got bills paid.  Got the flyers down for BatCat.*  Had a lovely lunch with the Wife.  Went to library and reserved a pass to Magic Wings for next Friday.  Got an adorable hat from the secondhand store for Mozart.   Picked up Mozart and took a walk with him.**  Made a crazy-quick dinner of quesadillas and leftovers. And to then went Family Time at the Y for tumbling.  Yes.  A good day.

* BatCat ran off sometime last week.  We're not sure when (bad cat mommies) because the last time we really and truly remember seeing her was when she caught a mouse on Sept. 28th (Friday).  Neither of the cats have ever wanted to go outside, but apparently she got the urge - or Stubby dared her, and she took the opportunity when we either took stuff in from the Farm/Farmers Market (Saturday), unloaded groceries (Sunday), the door didn't close behind us (Monday), or aired out the kitchen to clear the smoke (Tuesday).  Yeah. Bad cat mommies.  So Thursday night I went to feed them, and oddly, BatCat's bowl was still full.  Odd because it was, in and of itself, and I'd have thought that if BatCat was missing Stubby would have downed her share.  Consultation with the Wife proved that we had no idea when we last saw her - she's just so much part of the house/routine... (yes, bad cat mommies)  We did a thorough search of the house.  The Wife ran around the neighborhood with a flashlight calling for her for a couple hours.  She found an opossum and a fox or some such thing but no BatCat.  She came home crying and berating herself for not noticing her enough to notice that she was gone.  I'd had plans to do much cleaning and organizing on Friday, but instead I made a MISSING flyer, got it printed up, and postered the neighborhood.  We got several calls of potential sightings, but had no luck - until late Sunday night.  We were on our way back home from being out of cell range all day and had just gotten a message with another possible sighting - fairly close to our house.  So as we are driving through our neighborhood, I kept my eyes peeled.  And just as we pulled into our driveway, I saw something jump off our our porch and hide underneath!!  I knew that it had to be her - her, or a really large squirrel! But we didn't think it was big enough to be a skunk, or slow enough to be an opossum.  So we got the cat treats and coaxed her out!  Yeah for BatCat!!  She had a few burrs, but all in all she was doing alright.  No injuries and not too traumatized.  She did have some nasty poops for the next couple of days, but seems to be back to herself now.  Happy indeed to have her back!

** Did you notice ~ not only did I walk around to get the flyers, but I also took a walk!  Without foot pain!!  By the time tumbling was over, it was back, but it's getting better, it really is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment