Unscathed.

We are very fortunate. Very fortunate indeed.  We were stocked for a couple days sans electricity, and had enough food, water and batteries to get us through. The lights, however didn't even flicker.  When I prepare so well and nothing happens I always feel slightly let down. Not incredulous, as I've seen some on my Facebook feed, but it's just that I gotten that adrenaline rush and then there was nothing but waiting after.  This letdown only lasts until I run across any media, though, because then I am faced with just how bad it could have been - and no amount of my measly power-outage-prep could have helped if we'd been faced with the flooding and damage that other places endured.

So, with that, I am grateful. Very grateful that my family is safe. And also thinking of all of those who fared so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment