What a catch!!



I had great hopes for this big, huge tag sale that happened this weekend.  We've got some things that we'd like, but are stalling on getting as we don't really need them yet.  The following made the list:
  • Baby bathrobe.  We have one, about a size 4, that Mozart is currently wearing.  It is pink with multicolored polka dots.  We role up the sleeves and as it is likely supposed to be a shorter robe, it is floor length on him.  
  • Shoes - brown and black.  We have the cutest pair of blue shoes, that he wears with nearly everything, and seem to camouflage into matching nearly everything, but he's close to outgrowing them.  Same for his sandals, which are scanty to wear anyway now.  We do have a pair of sneakers for him, but it seems like they match about nothing he owns.
  • Hat/mitten set. We've got several hats, all very cute, and one set, but I'd like to have an extra set around - or at least extra mittens as they tend to get wet/dirty.
  • One (or two) more baby gate(s).  He has not gotten curious about the 3rd Floor yet, and we are lucky.  We've essentially stopped using it as there is no gate at the top of those stairs.  I'd like to go up there again some day...
  • A potty seat.  I know this particular item would be better to buy new, but don't judge.  Sometimes they come out at the end of potty training no worse for the wear.  We actually gave away two (and threw away one that was worse for the wear) when we were clearing stuff out before Mozart was born.  Kicking myself just a little now.  We do have a potty for him, but as it's not the typical style, and he's new at this whole thing, he keeps on sitting on it crooked and then tipping the whole thing over, himself included.
I did not come away from said sale with any of the above.  Instead I got:
  • A toy phone.  It kept Mozart busy throughout the search for other items and now resides in the car.  On the way home today he was yammering up a storm with it.
  • A nursing stool. I've wanted one of these since I discovered their existence.  We are hardly nursing anymore, but I have to say.  I've used it quite a lot while just sitting here - in fact, my feet rest upon it now.
  • Another hat. Not that we needed another hat.  But it was cute.  Norwegian style.  And wool. So it's warm.  
  • Cute outfit. It was only $3.  I'm not positive it will fit, but it is super, super cute with it's French little bunnies, and if not for him for the next one :D
  • 4 cars for $2.  What can I say.  I'm a sucker.  He loves cars and I love him.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9e63479682&view=att&th=13a5bda270cdbab3&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_T9l9pyq_1Tm8AQTG8vKPY&sadet=1350346956548&sads=GHv4vqbBfl3FgYL7-PsKqBq8gosFeeling a bit disappointed that I did not get one thing I set out to get, I decided I'd hit up another tag sale I saw earlier.  I hadn't had time to stop, but saw kid stuff galore!  Alas, it was too late.  But I hit the jackpot after all ~ where the sale was sat box FULL of action figures, random small toys, and CARS!  I scooped them up and headed home to give Mozart a proper showing of them.

As I was taking them out he exclaimed, "Oooh!" and "Truck!" and "Vrooom!" and "Train!" and "Bus!"  And best of all he did this little happy dance, giggling, through a sea of cars while cradling them in his arms.  So, so, adorable!





No comments:

Post a Comment