What's for dinner?


No, really.  What's for dinner?  Cuz I haven't the foggiest.  We are in the midst of a dishes stand-off, which makes the cooking aspect of the "I cook/you clean" deal rather difficult.  And makes me less than inspired to even go in the kitchen and investigate what one could make.  In another land this would be a take-out night.  In our land it will likely be PB&J.  Maybe carrot sticks on the side.

And I did so good yesterday!  I had a plan of course.  Had been thinking about it for a couple hours.  Got home at 5:05 with the Boy.  Turned on the oven to preheat. Went upstairs and I got my gym clothes on. Back downstairs and I put a chicken and potatoes in the oven to bake.  Out the door by 5:30.  Went to the gym and worked out for probably the 3rd time since Mozart was born.  Work-out got cut short just a bit as he started crying and the teen in charge of babysitting panicked.  Home by 6:30.  Veggies on.  Straightened up living room and dinner served by 7.

I felt accomplished.  It was good.

Maybe I'll motivate, do a couple dishes, and make tuna melts.  That's a step above PB&J, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment