Happy New Year!!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, indeed!  The Parents have come and gone, along with Globetrotter.  We have our house back and Mozart is re-acclimating to the quiet - no small feat for one so small - and feels he must make up for it by way of constant talk (cute), whining and screeching (not cute). 

I rang in the New Year in my dreams - try as I might I did not make it to midnight.  This morning was invited, along with a couple others, to Mme. Child's for breakfast while the Wife slept in.  I brought homemade yogurt that I declared done when I woke up this morning. 

Who knew yogurt is so easy to make?!?

Honestly:

Heat the milk to 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix in 1 Tbsp live yogurt (or packet of culture) per quart of milk. 
Maintain temperature of between 95-110 degrees for 4-8 hrs (heating pad, hot water bottle, next to wood stove...

That's it.

Literally.

Seems too easy, right?  I got a yogurt maker for Christmas, so I tried it, but really, all you need is milk, a pot, thermometer, and heating pad or the like...  I will make many more batches.  This one was a bit thin as I let the temp drop too much.  I tried to bring it up with the aforementioned heating pad, but still thin - more like Kefir.   But Mozart LOVED IT.  Seriously - 6 servings (progressively smaller each serving, of course) and wanting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment