Yogurt Making Fail

Ok, so the first batch was fantastic, but the second batch... mmmm, not so much.  I made one quart instead of two, and put the heating pad around it right away, but then forgot about it and maybe the heating pad was too much heat, or maybe I left it too long, but it was a runny and grainy tart mess in the end.  Mozart, a kid who has loved every previous yogurt I've ever given him, wouldn't even drink it.  He took a sip (because there was no way it could be considered food - definitely drink) and kind of looked at me as if I was trying to trick him.  I tried it and, indeed, it was very tart.  And the texture was just off.  I've been trying to figure out if I can use the same batch for a starter for the next round (I think I'll skip it and start from scratch again), and found a Food in Jars (a site I will surely return to) post that I may use to guide my next try.  I'm a bit miffed about wasting a quart of milk, but hopeful that my next batch will be better.  

It snowed last night. It is nearly 10am. I need to shovel, and have stalled long enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment