Germs.

I was a little concerned that Mozart's impression of a Clingon over the weekend meant he was getting sick.  He continues to be well.  I, however, have a head-cold to beat the band.  Sneezy. Stuffy. Drippy.  Mess.  I thought about calling in today, but managed to get myself up and at 'em.

During a meeting one of my coworkers, who is scheduled to leave for a cruise in a week, and who was sitting two down from me, was making a great show of protecting herself from my germs.  Everyone was chiding her somewhat for it, and then, without my permission, my pen flew from my (germ-laden) hand and directly in front of her.  I'm not sure I can describe the room at that point.  She and the women between us reared back to avoid it as I screamed, "Don't touch it!"  And apologizing profusely, went to gather it up.  Said coworker had no problem not touching it.  In fact after rearing back she leapt out of her chair to get disinfecting materials.

I did not mean to do that.  I promise and swear and cross my heart and everything.  I will never, ever live it down if she so much as sneezes on her cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment