Lost in space.

I had an email account with Yahoo! ages ago.  I opened it up in the mid-90's and had it until a year or so ago.  I got worried that my very simple password was not sufficient and so I, foolishly, changed it - to something that I promptly forgot.  I tried to contact Yahoo! then, but kept running up against walls.  I kept trying for months, but nothing.  Then, a couple weeks ago, I remembered that I had copies of a bunch of poetry that I'd written - long ago - in that account.  And I wanted it.  Bad.  So I tried again.  And found more walls.

But I wrote out a long inquiry and explanation to Yahoo! and after a week or so got a response.  Today I sent in all of my identifying information and, finally - FINALLY - regained access to said account.  But it is all gone.  Every single one of my old messages.  Every single one of my poems.  Every single memory that I was hoping to revisit - and some that I'd just assume have left behind.  Well, now they are all left behind.

And apparently my ultra-simple password, was far more fool-proof than the forgotten one that I changed it to because my account was most certainly hacked since my last entry.  By someone in China.  While I have no messages to take me down memory lane, my name on the account was changed to nonsense and I had apparently moved to China.  Yeah.  Not so much. 

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment